Product category: System tools and utilities
Last updated: Sep 21, 2003
Price: 4.95 USD
- Sony Ericsson P800
- Sony Ericsson P900
- Sony Ericsson P910
- Motorola A9xx/A1000
This view shows the information about running applications.
Here you can see how much memory the running app uses, switch
to the selected application, close or kill an application, get its extended and threads information.
You can see the current amount of memory left in the caption on the right
side of the menu title.
You can perform various actions with the selected application when keeping the focus on it (see commands description below). To switch to the selected application just click on it again or use 'Switch to' button.
TaskMan view commands:
- TaskMan preferences - here you can indicate whether to show hidden applications or not.
- Switch to application - switches to the selected application.
- Close application - closes selected application.
- Close all applications - closes running applications, the ones
that can be closed without damage to the system only.
- Memory and disk info - shows total memory and disk information, total number of running applications and their memory usage.
- Compact memory - it reclaims some amount of memory back from a running application and the system.
- Application info - shows detailed information about the selected application.
- Threads info - shows all applications threads and their details.
- Kill application - kills selected application.
In this view you can see information about running processes.
It shows a list of running processes sorted by ProcessId in descended order, in simpler words the last started process comes first in the list.
ProcessMan view commands:
- TaskMan preferences - here you can indicate whether to show ROM based process or not. Only processes runned by 3rd party applications are shown by default.
- Detailed info - Shows the detailed information about selected process.
- Threads info - Show all processes' threads and their details
- Kill process - Kills selected process.
here you can assign special actions to system keys (Camera button, Blue button, Jog dial press up and down) as well as an action performed on flip open. You can select between the following values:
- Don't handle the key
- Back to the previous app
- Close current application
- Pop up TaskMan
- Pop up ProcessMan
If you assign a special action to a key you can press the key anytime you work with the device. E.g. to add 'close' or 'go back' ability to any application or invoke your desktop with one key press.
- Camera button - Don't handle
- Blue button - Don't handle
- Jog dial press Don't handle
- Jog dial press up - Don't handle
- Flip open event - Don't handle
If you don't want to assign a special action to a key just select "Don't handle" here.
SymbianWare OHG is in no way associated with Symbian Ltd.