for Sony Ericsson P800:
Telephony enhancement tools:
Personal information managers:
System tools and utilities:
Lady Chatterley's Lover
Product category: System tools and utilities
Last updated: Jul 18, 2003
Price: 9.95 USD
- Sony Ericsson P800
- Sony Ericsson P900
- Sony Ericsson P910
This product is no longer supported by Symbianware. Now you can download
and get full support for this product from
Stacker is the best, fully automatized and reliable compression system for
your device. Stacker software doubles the size of your entire drives and
works invisible behind the scene. When you start an application it becomes
decompressed in background automatically and is compressed again when you close it.
Stacker is the best way to increase disk space on your device, it guarantees
to give you as much disk space as possible without even thinking about it,
moreover Stacker includes fully featured file manager with
compressing/decompressing files or folders functions.
You may be aware that you can use compression to save your files in smaller
forms, but you may not know how easy it can be! Program's interface is
intuitive and easy to use. Stacker displays the list of installed apps. Just
select an application you want to be compressed and press the "Archive" button.
Total saved space is displayed in program's right menu.
If you need to decompress the application now just select it and press "Restore".
- compressed apps.
- original apps.
- currently running apps.
In this view you can see how much space the application is using now and if
the application is compressed the actual compression rate is shown.
You can work with your device as usual and there are absolutely no changes to
your system. All compressed applications are displayed in system shell and can be launched from
there (and from anywhere as well, e.g. from Tracker, etc).
When a compressed application is being started you see the decompressing progress indicator. After the indicator disappears the application will be started.
After you close the program it will be automatically compressed again in
This is easy and foolproof and the fastest way to regain space in your
Our professional File Manager built in Stacker gives you full control
over the file system. With the help of this utility you can browse your folders,
copy, move, rename files and folders, view and send files via Infrared
and bluetooth and much much more. Moreover, with Stacker's file manager you can compress/decompress any files or folders located on your
device (but please try to avoid compressing system files/folders and files those function you don't know!).
File Manager's interface was designed to give you the maximum comfort combined with the maximum number of powerful functions.
Pressing button shows available disks
you can select. Here you also can see
brief disks information. On the left from disks button you can see the
Almost all FileMan operations can be performed on more than one file or
folder. To select/deselect any item click check
box located near every item.
On the bottom you can see the status pane that displays some useful
information about the current item or selected items. Clicking it
invokes the properties dialog that displays the current path in full (or a name if one item is selected only) and total size of selected item(s)
(including size of folders)
FileMan performs all operations in an asynchronous way. It allows you to
see an operation progress and ability to cancel any operation safely
without waiting to complete. Moreover, it handles all possible errors
during the operation and takes appropriate actions. For example, if
you are moving 10 files and one of the files is, say, read only it shows
the error display that says that xxx.xxx is read only and offers you
to stop the whole operation, to skip the current file only, to skip the file and
the rest of the files that can have similar state or to retry the operation
current file again.
With button you can immediately return to Applications view.
- Compress - Compresses selected files/folders.
Please note: when you compress a file and it belongs to some application this application won't see this file until it's decompressed. E.g. if you compress a
picture you won't be able to see this picture with "Pictures" application until
you decompress the file.
- Decompress - Decompresses selected files/folders.
- Open - Opens current item. If the item is a folder it opens it,
if the item is a file it will start it (if you select executable file) or will try to find a corresponding viewer for this file (say, for images, sounds, etc). You can click the already selected item to perfom 'Open' action without going to menu
- Properties - Shows a dialog that displays the full current path
(and name if only one item is selected) and total size of the selected
item(s) (including size of folders). Clicking the status pane
invokes the properties dialog without going to menu.
- Rename - Renames current file or folder (changes its name).
- Copy - Copies any number of selected files and folders
to a specified folder.
- Move - Moves any number of selected files and folders
to a specified folder.
- Delete - Deletes any number of selected files and folders.
- New folder - Creates a new folder with specified name in current folder.
- Change attributes - Changes attributes of selected files and
- View file as text - View current file in a text view. E.g. even if
the current file is a picture you'll see its binary contents.
- Send via infrared - Allows you to send any number of selected
files via Infrared to another mobile device or PC.
- Send via Bluetooth - Allows you to send any number of selected
files via Bluetooth to another mobile device or PC.
- FileMan preferences:
- Highlight previous folder - If selected it automatically
selects the previous folder when going to the parent folder where we were last
time. If not selected then it selects first item after going to the parent folder.
- Use MIME recognizer - If selected FileMan tries to recognize a
file when displaying the list of files. If selected it can slow down the opening of a very large folder.
- Show ROM drives - All ROM drives can be selected.
- Show system folders - If selected FileMan shows all system
folders and allows you to access them.
- Mark/Unmark - It selects the current item if it is currently not
selected or deselects it if it is.
- Mark all - It selects all files and folders located in current
- Unmark all - It deselects all files and folders located in the
- Invert selection - It inverts selection of all files and folders
located in the current folder.
- Sort by .. - Allows you to change the order of displaying files.
You can sort files by name, extension, size, date or UID.
Look and feel settings
Stacker is fully customizeable and you can define how it will look and act. In look and feel settings you can define which layout and performance will be used while a compressed application is being started and when it is being closed and compressed.
There are two types of progress indicators available:
- Large progress indicator - if selected displays an indicator in the status bar area which has the size of Status bar area.
- An indicator displayed in the status bar area instead of battery indicator will be shown if this option is not selected.
There are two performance options available:
- Process in background - if selected, then compressor is optimized for multitasking, so while compressing/decompressing you can work with your device almost without noticeable performance lost and without limitations.
- The compressor is optimized for high speed if the option is not selected.
Default settings: When application is being started it uses high speed settings and large progress layout, when application is being closed and compressed again, it uses background settings for speed and small progress indicator.
Here you can also specify:
- whether Stacker should change an application icon or not. If enabled Stacker will change target application's icon (adding the sign showing that this app is in compressed state). Please note: Not for all applications icons can be changed. It's not possible to change the icons of applications that partially located in ROM (Chess, Solitaire), and applications that doesn't have any icon at all (e.g. FileMan, etc)
- How to deal with MGS Games:
- Compress MGS Console only.
- Compress games with console.
If you don't want to compress MGS games, MGS console will be started much faster but there will be little worsening in compression rate.
- StartStopSwitch to button - starts, stops or switches to the
- Application info command - shows info about selected application.
Here you can see application type, how much space it uses now, if the app is
compressed then how much space it used in original state, how much space was saved by compressing this app and its compression rate.
- Total information command - shows free memory, space left on
disks and total information about compressed applications.
- Compact Contacts command - Stacker will compact contacts database by removing unused blocks in its files (defragging). These blocks appear when
editing or deleting data in Contacts. Compacting will not only permanently save some space on disk it will even speed up working with your contacts!
- Compact memory command - It will reclaim some executable memory from the system. Now there's no need to restart your device to get the maximum
amount of memory available.
Behind the screen
- To keep your data in smaller forms we use industry standard LZ77
compression algorithm. The one all ZIP programs use.
- Stacker doesn't have a memory-resident module that runs always when
system works. Stacker's compressor is loaded only when it is needed (to
compress or decompress app) and unloaded immediately after the work is done.
Hence Stacker doesn't waste valuable memory, doesn't slow down the whole
system, and doesn't provoke batteries to discharge faster.
- Stacker not only saves your disk space it compresses device memory as
well when any compressed application starts or finishes. That keeps maximum
amount of memory everytime you work with your device!
- Intellectual rollback if there was any error while compressing/decompressing (out of disk space, etc). That gives you reliable and fail safe work with your device.
- Automatic recovering if you have upgraded/deleted the compressed application without decompressing it first. So no need to think whether your application was compressed or not before upgrading it, Stacker will care about it for you automatically!
- If you start a compressed program and then power off or restart your device without closing the compressed program then you can simply start Stacker and it will automatically compress all programs that remain uncompressed because of device restart automatically.
- Full support for MGS games. All MGS games are compressed/decompressed automatically with MGS console.
- When an application is being compressed or decompressed you can meantime work normally with your device. But if you try to start this app you'll get 'App is busy' message. It's not an error, it's the message to you that the compressor is already working on this application. But there are no limitations to other applications, you can start/close as many compressed applications as you want at the same time. Our compressor can handle multiple requests.
It's time to break the memory limitation of your SmartPhone now!
Surfer from Sweden: Keeps your data in smaller forms, great!
Rating: 5 out of 5
The trial version works for 15 days without any limitation. When the trial period is over you still can use the program to decompress your applications or files, but compress functions will be blocked until registered.
SymbianWare OHG is in no way associated with Symbian Ltd.