for Nokia 9300 Communicator:
Developing tools and macro engines:
Telephony enhancement tools:
Full screen caller
Personal information managers:
System tools and utilities:
Product category: System tools and utilities
Last updated: Dec 03, 2004
Price: 9.95 USD
- Nokia 92xx Communicator
- Nokia 9500 Communicator
- Nokia 9300 Communicator
This product is no longer supported by Symbianware. Now you can download
and get full support for this product from
Stacker is the best, fully automatized and reliable compression system for your device. Stacker software doubles the size of your entire drives and works invisible behind the scene. When you start an application it is decompressed in background automatically and it is compressed again when you close it.
Stacker is the best way to increase disks space on your device, it guarantees to give you as much disk space as possible without even thinking about it!
You may be aware that you can use compression to save your files in smaller forms, but you may not know how easy it can be! The program's interface is intuitive and easy to use. Stacker displays the list of installed apps. Just select an application you want to be compressed and press the "Archive" button.
Total saved space is displayed in the caption (size field in brackets). In apps view it's an amount of space saved by compressing the apps, in favourites view it's amount of space saved by compressing custom files and folders you have defined.
If you need to decompress the application now just select it and press "Restore".
- compressed apps.
- original apps.
- currently running apps.
In this view you can see how much space the application is using now and if the application is compressed it shows how much space was saved (displayed in brackets) and its compression rate.
You can work with your device as usual and there are absolutely no changes to your system. All compressed applications are displayed in system shell and can be launched from there (and from anywhere as well).
Starting Bounce game for example. When compressed application is being started
you see decompressing progress indicator. After the indicator disappears the application will be started.
After you close the program it will be automatically compressed again in background.
When the program is being compressed you can see small indicator in top-left corner of the screen but you can work with your device now almost without noticeable performance lost. This is easy, foolproof and the fastest way to regain space in your system.
You can switch between Applications view and Favourites view with
Favourites view and Apps view commands.
If you often compress/decompress any custom files/folders you can define
a group including any number of such files and folders.
The whole group can be compressed/decompressed in one key press.
E.g. you can define groups 'My pictures', 'My videos', etc.
In this view you can see how much space a group (all its files and folders) uses now and if the group is compressed it shows how much space was saved (displayed in brackets) and its compression rate.
Look and feel settings
Stacker is fully customizeable and you can define how it will look and act. In look and feel settings you can define which layout and performace will be used while compressed app is being started and when compressed app is being closed and compressed.
There are two types of progress indicators available:
- Top-left small indicator - Small indicator displayed in the caption area.
- Classic progress - Classic progress bar on the bottom of the screen.
There are two performance options available:
- Best speed - compressor is optimized for high speed.
- Background - compressor is optimized for multitasking, so while compressing/decompressing you can work with your device almost without noticeable performance lost and without limitations.
Default settings: when application is being started it uses high speed settings and classic progress layout, when application is being closed and compressed again it uses background settings for speed and small caption indicator.
Here you can also specify:
- whether Stacker should change an application icon or not.
- how to deal with MGS Games:
- Compress MGS Console only.
- Compress games with console.
If you don't want to compress MGS games, MGS console will be started much faster but there will be little worsening in compression rate (on about 8%).
Memory, disks info command - shows free memory, space left on disks, space left on each disk (displayed in brackets) and total information about compressed applications.
Behind the screen
- To keep your data in smaller forms we use industry standard LZ77 compression algorithm. The one all ZIP programs use.
- Stacker doesn't have an always-in-memory module that runs always when system works. Stacker's compressor is loaded only when it is needed (to compress or decompress app) and unloaded immediately after the work is done. Hence Stacker doesn't waste valuable memory, doesn't slow down the whole system, and doesn't provoke batteries to discharge faster.
- Stacker not only saves your disk space it compresses device memory as well when any compressed application starts or finishes. That keeps maximum amount of memory everytime you work with your device!
- Intellectual rollback if there was any error while compressing/decompressing (out of disk space, etc). That gives you reliable and fail safe work with your device.
- Automatic recovering if you have upgraded/deleted the compressed application without decompressing it first. So no need to think whether your application was compressed or not before upgrading it, Stacker will care about it for you automatically!
- If you start a compressed program and then power off or restart your device without closing the program (and decompressing it) then you can simply start Stacker and it will automatically compress all programs that remain uncompressed because of restart automatically.
- Full support for MGS games. All MGS games are compressed/decompressed automatically with MGS console. (optionally)
- When an application is being compressed or decompressed you can meantime work normally with your device. But if you try to start this app you'll get 'App is busy' message. It's not an error, it's the message to you that the compressor is already working on this application. But there are no limitations to other applications, you can start/close as many compressed applications as you want at the same time. Our compressor can handle multiple requests.
It's time to break the memory limitation of your Communicator now!
Trial version works for 15 days without any limitation. When the trial period is over you still can use the program to decompress your applications or files, but compress functions will be blocked until it is registered.
SymbianWare OHG is in no way associated with Symbian Ltd.